Contains affiliate links.
Deep Side Part + Skinny Side Braid Tutorial
1. Part wet hair deep on one side. I use the outside of my eyebrow as a guide and go straight up from there. WARNING: if you go too far over it’s going to look like a bad old man comb over. If you have to ask if it’s too deep it probably is…
2. Spritz your damp hair with a heat protection product. I use this one.
3. Blow dry your part to set it- My hair tends to rebel and want to creep back to my usual part but it stays put much longer if I blow it dry. Here’s a great salon-style blow out tutorial you can do yourself.
4. On the short side of the part, take a thin section of hair from the part to your ear, divide the section in in three then braid. Keep your fingers close to your head as you move to the center of the back of your head. Secure the braid with a small clear elastic like these,
then with two bobby pins. I use these.
6. Finish with a little hair spray
and you are good to go.
I love this hairstyle because it is REALLY easy yet looks pretty rad.