I am totally obsessed with braids for fall. Here’s a One Sided Dutch Braid + Milkmaid Braid Tutorial of a style I did recently if you want to try!
One Sided Dutch Braid + Milkmaid Braid Tutorial
1. Spray your hair with dry shampoo. This will keep your braid from slipping. I have super fine, slippery hair and braids are a joke unless I start with this step. I’ve tried countless brands- find my favorite here.
2. Part you hair- you can do a center part or a side.
3. One sided dutch braid (great tutorial here). Start dutch braiding your hair but only pick up new sections from the side against your face. Keep your braid tight and close to your scalp. Stop picking up new sections of hair when you reach the center of the back of head. Now finish the braid by doing a traditional 3-strand braid. Secure with a clear elastic band. I use these.
4. Repeat Step 3 on the other side.
5. Take the first finished braid and wrap it around your head, using hair pins like these
to secure the braid as you go. (I have the best luck using the pins I linked to- my hair is very fine and other brands slip out.) Tuck and pin the end of the braid inside the french braid. You can remove the small elastic if it shows and just use hair pins. I prefer to leave the elastic in for extra support.
6. Repeat Step 5 on the other side.
7. Finish with hairspray- I usually use this.
Linked at Be.You.Tiful.